STANDARDS DEVELOPMENT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Formulate and monitor the implementation of Standards Development and Quality Assurance policy in line with the national priorities and socio-economic objectives;
- Closely monitor the compliance of goods and services with the requirements of mandatory national standards;
- Coordinate the enforcement of standards applied by other enforcement bodies, organize and direct implementation review of the same;
- Domesticate Zimbabwe’s international and regional commitments for standards and quality assurance;
- Develop the consumer rights awareness programs through the establishment of cooperative societies, including those of consumers, chambers of commerce and sectoral associations;
- Monitoring the application of Legal Metrology standards in line with international best practices.